Do you think Argentina can make it to the semi finals? It would even be very exciting if Argentina manages to make it to the finals. If Brazil wins against Germany, (but seriously what are the odds?) then the South American neighbors are on fire. To start, let’s hope Argentina wins tonight!
For 12 Cupcakes you will need,
3 packet (or 3 x 250 g) Almond paste
Liquid food coloring (yellow and blue)
125g or 1 cup of powdered sugar
½ cup of All-purpose flour
½ cup of Corn flour
1 tsp of baking powder
¼ cup of Vegetable oil like Mazola
½ cup of Granulated sugar
3 tbsp cup of Milk (or lemon juice)
1 tsp of Vanilla extract
½ tsp of distilled white vinegar
1 pinch of Salt
Cookware and Cutlery:
Strainer for flour
Cupcake sheets (preferably white or blue)
Plastic sheets for pastry
1. Mix oil sugar and milk together until the mixture becomes creamy.
2. Add the eggs, one at a time.
3. Add the vanilla extract and the vinegar. (tip: explain why we add vinegar and vanilla).
4. Mix the two types of flour (with the baking powder) and add it alternatively with the milk by always starting and ending with the flour. Mix with the spatula up then down in a circular move to incorporate better into the batter.
5. Put the cupcake liners in the mould and fill the ¾ with batter.
6. Bake in oven for about 15 minutes at high temperature while keeping an eye to the cake.
Meanwhile, we start preparing the icing:
1. Take the white almond paste and add to it some powdered sugar, leave for the white color of the flag.
2. Take the light green almond paste, add to it some powdered sugar and then 1 tbsp of blue coloring. Knead well until the color is spread homogeneously onto the dough.
3. Place small ball of white paste between two small balls of blue paste. Flatten them using the rolling pin. Cut a circle in the paste and top it on the cupcake.
4. With yellow edible ink, draw a small sun at the center of the white line.
Your Argentinean flag cupcake is now ready!
In this video, I speak in Arabic but I advise you to watch it in order to better understand how to make up the Argentina flag with the icing dough. If you happen to have any questions, feel free to drop a comment